Our people are central to our success.
With a global business, we offer diverse and rewarding careers. We are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join our team of industry leaders – because with us, your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. We offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, we optimise the mining lifecycle to create lasting value.
Thiess has a long journey of more than 30 years in Indonesia providing mining services for various projects and clients with head office in Jakarta.
About the role
The Superintendent Fleet Management System provides leadership in management of existing Fleet Management Systems providing benefits of the FMS Systems to Mining Operation and Production, Lead in the development of business cases for introduction of FMS at other Thiess Indonesia sites, Implement FMS at other sites, Coordinate FMS activities through the planning with mining managers to ensure that the FMS goals are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner, by following the procedures and professional mine planning functions to ensure the targets set by the Project are met on time while promoting and maintaining a healthy and safe environment for everyone at work. Reporting to the Manager Mining Operations and based on Project on a 4/2 roster, you will work collaboratively towards delivering high quality solutions and results.
Some of your duties will include:
- Manage all aspects of the Fleet Management System (Leica Jigsaw) at the site.
- Providing leadership in FMS discipline to deliver sustained optimum performance and reliability of the FMS to deliver cost savings to the project; by maximizing production, and improve productivities and production process;
- Develop, implement and monitor set of FMS KPI’S that ensures optimum performance and reliability;
- Build a team of competent and skilled Dispatch Engineers, Dispatchers and Technicians to efficiently operate and run the FMS system;
- Coaching and mentoring and developing direct reports;
- Working closely with whole of mine management team to ensure production and grade targets are met;
- Provided analytical support to Mine Operations group;
- Plan, implement and manage multiple FMS capability expansion projects
- Engaged management and production workforce and involved them in change management process.
- Ensure data reliability and integrity level of over 98% of FMS
- Work closely and provided advice to mine management
- Providing leadership in meeting company HSE&Q and system requirements
- Apply policies and procedures as well as responsibilities of the FMS system
What skills and experience do you need?
- Bachelor in Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years experiences in managing Fleet Management System (FMS) Team
- Has capability in managing a success Fleet Management Systems Team
- Has depth understanding on Coal Mining or Other Mineral Mining Operation
- Has understanding on Mining Engineering knowledge
- Strong Leadership and Communication Skill and hold people’s accountabilities
- Strong Knowledge of Fleet Management Systems (preferable Leica Jigsaw)
- Strong knowledge of Technology, Hardware & Infrastructure aspect that support FMS
- Has strong and depth analysis skill especially with numbers, calculation and demonstrate high excel skill
- Demonstrate High Impact Presentation Skill
- Strong English Skill and confident to communicate in English and possess skill in English written and business Writing
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
We recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, we will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With our culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.
To apply for this role please follow the below link. Applications close on 25 August 2019.
Please be aware of certain frauds or misinformation regarding recruitment advertising on behalf of Thiess. We never ask for any payments whatsoever from applicants or candidates during the recruitment process. We never ask applicants or candidates to use specific travel agent services to make arrangements for transportation and accommodation during the recruitment process.