Our business is power.
Our solutions are uniquely efficient.
We deliver better – and greener – technologies
We’re close to 18,700 professionals in 200 locations, in nearly 70 countries around the world
We’re a global leader in the marine and energy markets.
We deliver complete lifecycle power solutions, worldwide.
We’re always growing.
We’re always innovating.
We’re always in motion.
AT WÄRTSILÄ, PEOPLE ARE THE ULTIMATE
Job Title: Turbocharger Workshop Engineer
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
• Independently to perform turbocharger service and repair mainly on ABB and Napier turbochargers with ability to troubleshoot and provide a comprehensive investigation / inspection / service work reports but not limited to KBB and other turbocharger brand both in workshop or in the field ( power plant or on vessel )
• Receiving and follow up turbochargers and components at WS , evaluating or inspect ( Initial / Final ) and recommend service / repairs job that need to be completed and spare parts that need to be ordered according to Wartsila guidelines and / or working instructions ( SOP ).
• Perform hands on assembly and disassembly of turbochargers or turbocharger’s components and all associated processes for the purpose of service and repair, maintenance and installation, whilst both in the workshop or at customer’s site ( power plant and / or on vessel ), according to working instructions ( SOP ) and QHSE standards.
• Hands on cleaning of turbocharger and/or turbocharger components according to work instruction, ensuring the integrity of the components material and dimension.
• Good knowledge and very good skill in operating of balancing machines .
• On 24-hour call and prepared to travel to respond to service calls from our customers and as directed by superior or company management.
• Skilled in the use of metric and imperial measuring tools, such as verniers, calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc. with high degree of accuracy.
• Maintains / manages of all turbocharger special tools and hand tooling, lifting and safety equipment to ensure that they are in good order.
• Ability to read and understand instruction books written in English and drawings and to communicate efficiently and effectively in a professional manner, verbal or in written, whilst understanding the importance of protecting the company’s propriety information and intellectual property rights.
• Provide advice and assistance to internal / external customers on technical issues related to turbochargers and their components, the interaction with the engines and/or applications.
• Ensures the cleanliness and upkeep of the workshop, thereby creating an efficient and customer focused work environment in the shop and on jobsites.
• Ability to collect/deliver turbocharger and components to customer’s job site and perform work.
• Act as Company’s representative working to the company’s code of conduct and in an ethical manner to expand business activities and strives to satisfy and exceed customer’s needs and expectations.
• Maintain best practices and high quality of service in accordance with working instructions and company regulations to maintain a high quality of turbocharger service .
• All quality aspects and discipline for job execution, through standard presentation of components following service/repair, including final in-house job inspection to documentation within company guidelines/regulations, including the accurate and timely completion of service reports, evaluations, part requests etc.
• In case of idling time, willing to perform multitasking job involve in engine components overhaul ( other than turbocharger service jobs) both in WS and Field.
• Implement WAMS.
- Minimum Diploma of Mechanical Engineering
- Field Service experience and workshop experience
- Bahasa and Good English
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Word
- Communication and listening skills.
- Willing to follow directions and willing work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Customer relations skills
- Motivation to learn and grow professionally Engine knowledge
-Ability to read and understand turbocharger diagrams
-Strong knowledge of Wartsila diesel engine types and their auxiliaries is plus
-Perform pre-commissioning and commissioning of ABB and Napier turbochargers.
Last application date: 20/08/2019
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com
Qualified candidates are invited to apply to https://careers.wartsila.com/. You can use “Timor Leste” as keyword.